Monday, December 16, 2013

Sometimes I wonder

Sometimes I wonder, was it the only solution? Why did you have to hurt us, to benefit yourself? You took our teacher from us. Actually no I correct myself: our friend. He was the only man who ever respected us as students. He was the only man who treated us as adults enough to do homework when it wasn't checked or to clean up after ourselves in class. He trusted us to actually learn something useful, and to enjoy ourselves while doing it. I've never lost a teacher before, but I've lost many friends. I never thought that losing a combination of the two would hurt so much more. Because of this man, I have the courage to make mistakes. I laugh at failures and no longer cry when I don't succeed. You know that your teacher has done something beautiful when he makes a student not only a better student, but a better person. 
Mr.Sheehan, I'm not going to question you. I don't give a damn about the rumors. You know how many people I've told to shut up in the last week? A lot. I hope you're okay and that one day you can teach again because for you to let your talent wash away so soon should be a crime. 
"The greatest sign of success for a teacher is to be able to say, the children are now working as if I didn't exist, even if they wish that wasn't true."


3 comments:

  1. Man o man. Listen, I ain't dead. I know you folks are taking this real hard. I get it. So am I. Very, very hard. But a classroom is just a place and a teacher is just a title. We are human beings first and last and our relationship may have begun in room 203 but it wasn't going to end in room 203. You were not going to depart in June and that was the end of things. You were not going to graduate and that would be the end of things. Okay, fine, this departure is far sooner than any of us wanted. It is not of our choosing, but it is what it is. And it is not a funeral. I know, some people out there may be dancing on my grave metaphorically. Ignore them. Don't let the rumours create discord in your own life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHAHHAHAH. I'm done. I can't stop laughing. "I ain't dead." Mr.Sheehan you're awesome we just miss you that's all.

      Delete
    2. Oh and thank you for reading my story. I've never shared that with anyone before, and you didn't judge me.

      Delete